This is a mentored 5-day Data Recovery Expert Certification Class where Scott Moulton will be there to walk you though everything step by step and to answer your questions.
Scott covers Solid State Drives as well as Hard Drives in this course!
Data recovery is a skill that’s very difficult to learn and involves repairing damaged hard drives and recovering corrupted data.
The goal of this class is to teach you how to handle a damaged hard drive and what your options are. We will introduce you to the proper hardware, equipment and software that will give you the best possibility and skills at completing this task.
This class is for the Data Recovery Expert Certification.
SOME OF THE BASICS COVERED IN THE CLASS:
- Going over the basics and working parts
- Data Recovery With Forensic Drives
- SOLID STATE DRIVES!
- CLEAN ROOM POLICIES AND PROPER HANDLING PROCEDURES!
- Equipment Basics
- Tools and Software
- Sounds of the Drives
- Samples of drives with sounds I will bring
- What you can tell by listening to the drive
- Basics on success rates
- Opening the Drive
- Mechanical Operations on Drives
- Rebuilding Hard Drives Physically
- What a Sector Looks Like Encoded on the Drive
- PCB Board Issues and Live Board Swaps
- Forensic Logical Recoveries
- Rebuilding forensic drives maintaining the state
- Plus much much more…
OVER 20 HANDS ON LABS INCLUDING:
- HANDS ON LAB: Repairing a Damaged Drive
- HANDS ON LAB: Four Hard Drives YOU Rebuild!
- HANDS ON LAB: Hard Drives Mechanical Operations
- HANDS ON LAB: Operations Rebuilding a Hard Drive Physically
- HANDS ON LAB: Mounting a Damaged Drive on PC
- HANDS ON LAB: What an Encoded Sector Look Like with data
- HANDS ON LAB: PCB Board Matching Issues and Review
- HANDS ON LAB: RAID 0 Rebuilds
- HANDS ON LAB: RAID 5 Rebuilds
- HANDS ON LAB: MAC OSX Rebuilds
- HANDS ON LAB: LINUX EXT/REISER Rebuilds
- HANDS ON LAB: Selecting donor Rebuilds
- HANDS ON LAB: SOLID STATE REBUILDS AND TECHNOLGIES!