THE SIMPLEST WAY TO PREVIEW WEB ACTIVITY
Designed for non-technical personnel in law enforcement, customs & border security, and parole & probation roles looking to conduct an on-scene search and preview of the Internet activity on a subject’s computer to qualify it for seizure. With IEF Frontline, non-forensic staff are able to assist with the identification of potential sources of digital forensics evidence in situations where digital forensic staff are not present.
KEY BENEFITS AND FEATURES:
Portable – Runs from a USB dongle on a live system
Find and Preview Evidence Quickly – A one step search that finds and reports on pictures, videos, browser
history & chat artifacts in minutes
On Scene Preview of Digital Evidence – Empower non-technical personnel to:
- Identify potential evidence and qualify computer(s) for seizure
- Quickly triage a large number of computers and reduce forensic backlogs
Easy to Use – Designed for non-forensic personnel, with no forensics training required
Forensically Sound – Maintains forensic integrity of data
FIND & PREVIEW EVIDENCE QUICKLY:
Targeted search of live files and common areas in 5-15 minutes.
Searches for pictures, videos, web browser history, and instant messenger chats.
Firefox Web History, Chrome Web History, IE 5-9, 10, 11 – History, Safari History, Opera History
Instant Messenger & Chat Applications
Skype Messages, ICQ 6, 7 Messages, Pidgin Messages, ooVoo Messages, MSN Messages , Yahoo! Messenger Messages
png, jpg/jpeg, gif, bmp
mov, wmv, mp4, avi, mkv, divx, 3gp, mpg/mpeg
EASY TO USE:
Select categories to search and an activity report gets generated in minutes.
- Launch IEF Frontline
- Insert the IEF Frontline USB dongle into the subjects computer
- Launch IEF Frontline application
- Start a Search
- Select Search Type and click “find evidence”.
- The search process will normally run for 5-15 minutes (search time depends on the amount of data on the computer
- Preview Evidence
- IEF Report viewer will display items in real time as they are recovered.
- Recovered items are categorized by artifact type and displayed an easy to interpret tables
- The entire report, with all recovered items will be ready at the completion of the search.
- You can quickly preview data found from Internet history, pictures, videos and Instant Messaging or Chat applications
- Simple Analysis
- Refine results using keyword searches to identify text of interest and use skin tone detection to identify images for pornography related cases
- Use bookmark to flag items of interest
- Create reports highlighting the key bookmarked findings (reports can be exported in html, pdf, xls format)
- Save the the entire IEF Frontline case or exported summary reports to the IEF Frontline USB Dongle
- Close IEF Frontline
- Close the IEF Frontline application
- Remove the IEF Frontline USB dongle
- Determine if the computer should be seized for a full forensic
EMPOWER FRONTLINE STAFF WITHOUT RISKING FORENSIC INTEGRITY
Designed to enable non-forensic personnel to conduct on scene search and preview evidence on live systems, while maintaining the forensic integrity of the data.
- Designed for use by non-forensic personnel with no forensics training required
- Preview and collect evidence while preserving metadata – no data is altered
- For each recovered item, a source is displayed so that forensic examiners can validate the data in an IEF Frontline report when conducting a full, follow-up examination