New BEC v.7.5 is released!
Version 7.5 of the world’s leading digital forensic tool Belkasoft Evidence Center offers a revamped user interface and a pack of new extraction and analysis functions.
Major new functions of the product
- Encrypted iTunes backups supported
- Password known: The product allows you to enter a known iTunes backup password and decrypts it, then extracts all supported artifacts, such as email, browser history, chats and mobile apps data
- Password unknown: BEC now allows you to decrypt the backup password by just selecting Decrypt menu (additional Decryption module is required)
- New user interface
- User interface revamped and made more modern and nice-looking.
- Customizable themes added: you can select from one of multiple visual themes
- Filters are completely redesigned and made more intuitive
- Evidence Reader now runs without Administrator rights. A lot of customers requested this feature to allow less privileged users to work with exported case. Note though that some features may not work without admin rights (such as mounting images used during the extraction or viewing a data source or a partition in HexViewer)
- More email support
- MSG emails analysis supported
- EML emails analysis supported
- Outlook 2016 analysis improved
- Photo Forgery Detection module massively updated. New types of analysis added, reports made more intuitive
- Decryption module updated. Now BEC works with the latest version of Passware what enables customers to decrypt more file formats
- Google maps clustering added. When you have lots of geo-enabled artifacts at the same piece of the map, they will not make a mess anymore. Instead, close items are grouped into single mark which is ungrouped when you zoom the map in
- As usual, each new BEC version comes with hundreds of new or updated artifact formats. See https://belkasoft.com/new for an entire list of new features, improvements and bugfixes.
Competitors raise prices, we don’t
We keep working hard on our main forensic product adding new functions, formats and analysis types. The product becomes more powerful, but the price is kept the same. Moreover, since Jan 1 we lowered prices for some configurations of the product, waived fee for Case Management module (which is now included into every configuration of the product for free), included the first year of support into the license price, significantly lowered price for the dongle-based and portable versions and so on. This made our product much more affordable than ever before, and our customers already appreciated that.
At the same time many competitors raise prices what makes not only new license purchases more expensive, but also complicates maintaining already purchased licenses. If you are tired of constantly raising prices, reply to this email to learn how you can displace competitor products and save on your license renewals.
Please also review a comparison with one of the competing tools (more comparisons to come): https://belkasoft.com/compare_to_ief. You will find that our product is less expensive and more powerful.