Presented by Stuart Hutchinson | VP International Sales at BlackBag Technologies, Inc.
Stuart Hutchinson is the Vice President of International Sales for BlackBag Technologies. Previously, Stuart spent 23 years working for the Metropolitan Police Counter Terrorism Command at Scotland Yard in London. He was responsible for the acquisition, analysis and investigation of digital evidence and intelligence relating to International counter Terrorism, Counter Espionage, Official Secret Act Legislation and Domestic Extremism. He routinely provides training to current investigators through BlackBag Technologies’ training courses and presents on the latest developments in digital forensics at events all over the world.
Session One – MacQusition – An Introduction
- On site triage and live forensic acquisitions including memory
- Boot options and physical images
Session Two – MacQuisition and Imaging Macs with the T2 Chip
- How to obtain a physical image of a system with the T2 chip
- Why these new physical images are better than prior logical imaging techniques
- What changes they can expect when analyzing these new images
- Details on the AFF4 open standard image format needed to support T2 chip and APFS Fusion devices
Session Three – BlackLight – An Introduction
This is a hands on session looking at an iOS device. It is based on a real world counter terrorism investigation from London. The session will cover the following aspects
- Adding & Processing Evidence
- Actionable Intelligence
- File Filtering
- Geo Location Data
- Network Connection Data
- Hands on Practical
Date: 31 May 2019
Time: 9 AM – 5 PM
Location: CDFS Training Centre, Fyshwick ACT
*Due to strictly limited numbers, your position in this workshop can only be confirmed once a member of CDFS sends a confirmation email.