Guidance Software is pleased to announce the release of EnCase Forensic version 8.03. As a valued partner of Guidance Software we want to ensure that you are equipped and empowered to position the latest and greatest capabilities to your customers.
Here’s what’s new in EnCase Forensic version 8.03:
- Custom Pathways – Introduced in 8.01, Pathways are workflows within the EnCase UI. These workflows were designed with help from the award winning training team at Guidance. Pathways were one of the most popular new features of EnCase Forensic version 8 and now examiners will be able to create their own Custom Pathways to fit any investigation. Custom Pathways will help train newer examiners and help veteran EnCase users speed up their investigations.
- Examiner Support for Windows 10 Anniversary Update – In 8.02 we certified EnCase Forensic to run on Windows 10 and in 8.03, we’ve updated our support to make sure EnCase Forensic runs on the new Windows 10 Anniversary Update.
- Online Help – Replacing the old help file, our new online help is accessible from within the EnCase UI and via the Customer Community page on the Guidance Software website. The new online help includes all the information of original help file but is now much easier to navigate and search.
- New Download Center – A brand new portal accessible to customers that have upgraded to a new version of their software. Software download links, manuals, release notes, and other helpful information is centralized in the Download Center, creating an easier process for the customer to begin using their software. Customers that are updating will receive an e-mail that announces their new software and includes a link to the Download Center.
For a complete list of enhancements to EnCase Forensic as well as helpful walkthroughs of new features, please refer to our Release Notes.
These new features are designed to enable investigators with complete visibility into new operating system versions and to complete their tasks quickly and efficiently. In particular, our custom pathways features will transform the way investigators are on boarded, and dramatically reduce the learning curve associated with EnCase Forensic.
These new features add to the already impressive list of improvements and features that have been released for EnCase Forensic version 8:
- New UI designed for improved navigation
- HTML Triage Report
- Project VIC Integration
- Preview before caching GUIDs
- Persistent Blue Checks
- Comes with 50+ Default Conditions
- Multi-Colored Sweeping Bookmarks
- Entry View Refresh
- Keyword Search Results by Hit
- IsBookmarked and Hash Set Name columns
- Improved Windows 10 and MacOS X artifact parsing
- And many more updates, fixes, and improvements pulled directly from customer and reseller feedback.
Please contact CDFS for more information
1300 55 33 24 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org