The Mission Darkness™ BlockBox Lab offers the ultimate radio frequency (RF) shielding and hands-on accessibility for electronic device forensics investigations. The heavy-duty forensic analysis enclosure is designed specifically for investigating mobile devices such as cell phones, tablets, and additional small electronics while remaining shielded from RF signals. The unit is constructed with conductive gloves for both hands to operate and interrogate devices inside (including touch screens), a transparent viewing window, LED array, AC power strip, and a filter with RJ45 ethernet and two USB ports for extracting data at high speeds, enabling forensic investigators to thoroughly analyze data on electronic devices while preventing any signal from reaching or leaving the device. The ability to keep devices charged indefinitely prevents lockout mode and reduces the amount of time needed to break a passcode, enabling the maximum amount of data extraction and unlocking with tools like GrayKey, Cellebrite, XRY, BlackBag, Oxygen, etc.
The RJ45 port (along with other features) allows an operator to connect devices inside the faraday chamber to a local network internally, as well as connect to a charging source, computer, or data extraction tool externally. Alternative uses relate to mobile device testing, since the product can be used to create an isolated and controlled environment.
The BlockBox Lab is constructed of a durable outer aluminum casting with RF absorbent foam lining the inside walls offering extreme device protection. The enclosure completely isolates devices inside and blocks WiFi (2.4 & 5GHz), Bluetooth, cell signals including 5G networks, GPS, RFID, and radio signals with >70dB average attenuation. Although designed for lab use, the light weight of the BlockBox Lab and strong side handles allow it to be transported to different locations. The comprehensive accessory kit includes a set of replacement gloves and replacement foam seals (since these items can wear out over time due to improper use or storage), which can be easily installed on-site without having to send the entire unit out for repair. The kit also comes with a Mission Darkness NeoLok Faraday Bag for Tablets with a magnetic closure, making it safe to use with conductive gloves in forensics investigations.
Video Demonstrations of the BlockBox Lab
Exterior view of the shielded side filter
Interior LED array illuminates the space
- Lab forensic analysis enclosure for operating devices and extracting information while shielded from RF signals
- Large interior space – fits multiple cell phones, tablets, and similar size devices
- Dual-sided shielded filter with two USB ports, one AC port, and one RJ45 ethernet port
- Indefinite power capabilities to prevent lockout mode and reduce the amount of time needed to break a passcode, enabling the maximum amount of data extraction and unlocking with tools like GrayKey, Cellebrite, XRY, BlackBag, Oxygen, etc.
- Completely isolates devices – blocks WiFi (2.4 & 5GHz), Bluetooth, cell signals including 5G networks, GPS, RFID, NFC, and radio signals with >70dB average attenuation
- Built-in conductive gloves for left and right hands-on touch plus a set of replacement gloves
- Angled isolated window on top for viewing devices
- High-speed data extraction through USB ports
- Shielded AC power strip for powering multiple devices internally – includes three universal power outlets and four USB outlets
- LED array for illuminating interior space
- RF absorbent foam liner on all interior sides
- Replacement foam gasket seals with adhesive backing
- Durable outer aluminum casting with black coating
- Dual easy release latch system
- Piston hinge gas filled cover strut
- Temperature range: -10°C (+14°F) to +50°C (+122°F)
- Two metal side handles for easy carry
- SKU: MDFB-BBL-RJ45
- Lab forensic analysis
- State, local, federal, and military forensics
- Mobile device testing and signal isolation
- Anti-hacking, anti-tracking, and anti-spying assurance
- EMP and CME protection
- Use with data extraction and unlocking with tools like GrayKey, Cellebrite, XRY, BlackBag, Oxygen, etc.
- Mission Darkness BlockBox Lab
- Mission Darkness NeoLok Faraday Bag for Tablets (magnetic closure is safe to use with conductive gloves)
- Unique serial number sticker
- Two USB A male to A male cables
- AC power cable
- Set of replacement gloves
- Set of replacement foam seals
- Instruction card
- External dimensions: 18″W x 12.75″H x 12″D
- Internal usable dimensions: 16.75″W x 8.25″H x 10.75″D
- Viewing window dimensions: 9.5″W x 3.5″H
Compatible with Faraday Bags
A user can safely transfer seized or collected devices from individual faraday bags to the BlockBox Lab while maintaining RF shielding. Once the lid is closed, the bag can be opened inside. Mission Darkness NeoLok faraday bags with a magnetic closure (like the tablet size bag included) are preferred for use with conductive gloves. Scroll down to see more details about using the BlockBox Lab as a Transfer Chamber.
The product is simple to use, but certain precautions should be taken to effectively block RF signals and extend the life of the components. Click the button below for product care and usage instructions (a hard copy is included with the accessory kit).
BlockBox Lab Brochure
Download the BlockBox Lab brochure for a printable/sharable product description.