The SuperCopier IT 8" SAS is a portable low cost no expansion, extremely fast and efficient, drive duplicator/copier unit. The unit can be used for functions such as Cloning, Imaging, Deploy, Erase, and Drive Diagnostics of Storage Devices such as Hard Disk Drives, SSD (SATA/SAS), and USB/3.1 flash drives. The cloning methods are bit by bit mirror image, Quick Copy of Partitions, Selective copy of files and folders, VHD copy, and Copy to Folder.
1300 55 33 24
The SuperCopier IT 8″ SAS unit is a portable, 4 SAS/SATA ports, low cost, no expansion drive duplicator that supports cloning 1:3, 2:2 SAS/SATA drives and many USB3.1 storage devices. The unit is compact, easy to carry, and easy to use with very simple and clear touchscreen icons. The operations are extremely fast and efficient, with very high transfer rates. The SuperCopier’s main application supports many modes of operations, such as:
1) Mirror mode: Bit by bit imaging.
2) Quick Copy: Advanced Smart Copy of Partitions.
3) VHD Copy: Clone image of a virtual drive.
4) Selective Capture of Files and Folders.
5) Copy to Folder: Copy all data files from a source drive into one folder on the target drives.
The application supports duplication of data from one source drive to multiple target drives, or from multiple source drives to multiple target drives. The application is updated to clone Windows 10.
Remark on off-the-shelf cloning and imaging application: There are many cloning and imaging stand alone applications, only a few are really working!
Some of the testimonials:
“The MediaClone SuperCopier Desktop unit works very well. The unit runs very fast in multiple session operations, and it is very easy to use. We have loaded many different kinds of partitions on the source drive, and the Quick Copy mode works very well cloning the source to many targets. The application supports GPT and MBR partitions with scaling and non-scaling, NTFS re-size works with different size targets, and the latest Windows 10 is very well supported.” Benny Potlog from Intel Israel
“For our purposes, being able to sanitize many drives swiftly is a serious need. We looked into several devices but they were usually made for single purposes that didn’t match what we were looking for. The MediaClone SuperCopier has allowed us to speed up cleansing drives dramatically as well as clone drives. It’s flexible and allows for many operations simultaneously. In the rare event of any issues, we have always received prompt support from MediaClone. The SuperCopier is very well constructed, simple to use, and reliable.” Warren Smite from Prosoftnet Calabasas, CA
“We have searched for few solutions that could help us to destroy our data from retired storage and came across MediaClone SuperWiper solution. I must say, it saved us lots of time erasing individual disks so we have decided to add the Disk Duplicator solution to clone drives. IT Folks love to be able erase data with DoD formatting tool and also provide audit trail for our auditors. Great product and I would highly recommend it.” Les Janeczko Manager, IT Infrastructure Fuzion Analytics
Portable, Secure, No License Scheme, Low Cost, SAS Drives Duplicator, Built with Extreme Performing Hardware, Easy to Use, and Very Flexible UI. Portable hardware gives the user flexibility to perform IT duties at any location. The unit is a secure solution Linux OS. No licensing scheme makes the solution cost-effective. Lifetime free s/w updates and supports. The unit runs 24/7, 365 days of the year, with no failure.
• Visualizing of the source drive partitions and flexibility to move partitions on the target.
• Scaling NTFS, FAT32, and EXFAT partitions.
• One of the best NTFS scaling down apps.
• Copy/Erase Bitlocker encrypted partitions.
• Win8, Win10 support.
• Supports MBR and GPT partitioning.
• S.M.A.R.T. drive’s diagnostics tests.
• Read back verify drive test.
• Remove ATA passwords*
• For NVMe Supports:
-Copy NVMe SSDs
* some drive models
• Hot Pluggable Ports: Each of the unit’s ports is hot pluggable. When a session completes, the user can plug another drive and select it to run a new operation.
• Scripting: Easy Scripting can be set and used for a repeat operation.
• Reporting: Detailed logs for drive duplication and drive erase sessions.
• SQL Erase Database: A collection of the erase logs, erase certificates, and drive information.
• Easy Export of Erase logs and the Erase database to a USB stick or share it over a network.
• Access/Control the unit remotely.
Example of a typical cloning operation:
For high volume:
SAS/SATA: clone 1 to 3 in one session.
SATA (by utilizing the eSATA port and using the 8 USB3.1 ports with SATA to USB adapters): clone 1 to 10 in one session.
For a variety of source drives:
Any combination of the ports up to 2 to 2 for SAS/SATA drives in 2 simultaneous sessions and up to 1 to 7 for USB3.0/3.1 drives in simultaneous sessions.
Main Hardware Features:
– Case: Mobile, lightweight, and easy to carry.
– CPU: i7 Latest Generation CPU
– Display: 8” (800X600), LED back-light, touchscreen, color LCD display.
– Secure DC-in connector: Keyed and Locked DC-in connector to avoid accidental disconnect in the middle of the operation.
– Hardware: Very high-quality, high performing components; some with military specifications.
– OS: Linux Ubuntu 64 bit
– Security: Linux OS (Linux is less targeted by malware).
– Application Updates: The application can easily be updated via a USB thumb drive and displays a special update application screen.
– Storage controller: PCI Express 3.0 SAS/SATA controller supporting 12 Gigabit/s.
– Source Ports: Two SAS/SATA ports and two USB3.0/1 ports are set as source ports (the user cannot change the role of these ports).
– Supports Storage Protocols and Interfaces: SAS, SATA, e-SATA enclosures, IDE (with supplied adapters), USB3.0/3.1.
– Supports Form Factors: 3.5 inches, 2.5 inches, ZIF, 1.8”, Micro-SATA, Mini-SATA, and M.2 SATA.
– HPA/DCO Automatic Supports: The application supports detection, open, capture, or erase from HPA/DCO special areas on the drive.
– Bad Sectors Handling: The user can select to skip bad sectors, skip bad blocks, or abort the operations.
– 48bit LBA Addressing: Supports drives with sizes up to 256TB.
– Cross Copy from any Ports and any Interfaces
– GUI: The Cloning application is built with large and simple icons that is easy to navigate.
– Speed: Extremely fast and efficient operations with less OS overhead.
Application’s Main Operations:
– Clone: Mirror bit by bit (any OS), Quick Copy (NTFS, FAT, exFAT, HFS+, EXT2-4), Selective Capture (Folders and Files), VHD Copy, and Copy to Folder.
– Erase or Format drives
– Drive Diagnostics
– Main Copy/Duplicate/Clone Application Feature:
– Mirror Image: 100% bit by bit for any size of master and target with any OS. The source drive and the target drives need to be the same make and size if the user wants to boot from the target drives. There is no limitation on the source drives file system. The user can image a portion of the drive by adjusting the % of the bit by bit mirror imaging. Also, the user can run HASH calculation on the transferred data in parallel to the copy operation.
– Selective Capture enables the user to browse the source drive and select partitions, folders, and files to copy. The source drive needs to contain mountable partitions under Linux (FAT, exFAT, NTFS, HFS, EXT2-4).
– VHD Copy enables the user to copy VHD files from a source drive that contains multiple VHD files.
– Copy to Folder: Clone the entire drive and save it into one Folder.
– Quick Copy/Advanced Smart Copy mode: This is where the cloning and the deploying process is done with a copy of the file system.
-It supports source drives with FAT/NTFS/exFAT/HFS+/EXT-2-3-4 file system.
-Automatically scans for all the partitions on the source drive.
-Option to scale all partitions, or scale only selective partitions, by user’s selection and choice.
-Option not to scale partitions.
–Flexibility in cloning mode: It can be 1:1, 2:2, and more modes with the use of USB3.0 to SATA adapters.
–Scale down: If the size of the DATA on the source drive (not the size of the source drive!) will fit the target drive, then the quick capture will be completed.
–Automatically formats and partitions the target drives: On-the-fly, while the duplication runs.
–Verification of the copied data:
-Built-in data transfer verification mode applies for all modes of copy.
–For 100% bit by bit copy: The user can select to add an optional HASH calculation value during the data transfer (MD5, SHA-1, SHA-2) as authentication and verification of the copied data. SHA-1 is the fasted mode and it almost adds not delays the total copy time. For extra precaution, the user can also enable the option to “HASH target drives and compare” which will run an additional read-pass over the target drives and compare the HASH values to the one that was generated from the source drive. This extra step adds some extra time; for example, running 100% bit by bit copy from 1TB source drive to 3 1TB target drives can take around 2h. “HASH target drives and compare” can add another hour to the total time.
Erase and Format Operation:
– Drive Erase Protocols: DoD 5220-22M, DoD Lite (Total of 4 passes), Security Erase, Enhanced Security Erase, Sanitize (3 kinds), or user defined patterns and numbers of iterations (Sanitize, Security Erase, and DoD protocols are NIST 800-88 compliant).
– Drive Formats: FAT32, NTFS, exFAT, EXT4, and HFS+.
Drive Diagnostics Operation:
– Drive Diagnostics tests and S.M.A.R.T. drive tests: If the user intends to erase a drive for a re-use purpose, it is recommended to run some “Health test” on the drive prior to the erase process. There are 4 available types of tests:
–Read-Verify– supported by all storage protocols.
–Short Test (2-5 minutes)- scans random areas on the drive.
–Extended Full Test (Can take hours)- scans the entire drive.
–Conveyance Test- identifies damage incurred during the transporting of the drive to evaluate the “health” condition of the drive prior to the erase operation. (S.M.A.R.T. tests are only supported by SATA/SAS/SCSI storage protocols).
– Logs and Erase Certification: The application generates erase certifications (NIST 800-88) that users can easily export to USB storage devices. The user can add his/her company logo to the erase certification and add additional info on the erase run that will append to the certification.
– USB3.0 to SATA adapters and Kits Option: Today USB3.0 technology is extremely fast and can run read data from SSD drives up to 20GB/min. With the use of USB3.0/3.1 to SATA 4 channel Kit, the user can convert 4 USB3.0/3.1 ports to 4 SATA ports on any of MediaClone’s unit. The optional Kit is supplied with one external PS and it includes all the cabling to power and connects the 4 USB3.0/3.1 to SATA adapters. The tested performance when running 4 adapters in parallel was measured at a very high speed and with very little speed degradation.
– Native SAS: 4 Ports
– Native SATA: 5 Ports (includes one e-SATA port).
– USB3.1: 8 Ports
– HDMI and DP port to plug external monitor.
– Top and Front Panel: 4 SAS/SATA power and data combo ports, and 2 USB3.0/3.1 ports.
– Back Panel: HDMI, DP, 6 USB3.0/3.1 ports, and e-SATA 6Gigabit/s port to plug external storage.
– A built-in, universal, auto switching 192W UL/CE/PSE external power supply adapter with a key and lock-in mechanism to avoid accidental disconnection.
– Input Voltage: 100-240V/50-60Hz.
– Power Consumption excluding External Drives: 110W
– Temperature: 5°C – 55°C (40°F-130°F).
– Relative Humidity: 20-60% non-condensing.
– Unit net weight: 6.00 lbs
– Unit dimensions: 10.6L” x 7.70W² x 3.80D² (270x194x98).
– Shipping dimensions: 16²x12²x12², 13.00 lbs.
– 4 SAS/SATA 29 pins Extension cables.
– IDE to SATA adapter.
-2.5” IDE adapter.
– Built in the US: The units are built and tested in the US.
– Warranty: One-year free warranty on the main unit (does not include warranty on accessories, adapters, and cables).