MISSION DARKNESS Blocker Locker 7
PLEASE NOTE: 2-3 week lead time
SHIPPING DETAILS: For shipments within the United States, a shipping fee of $180 per unit is added at checkout (this product does not qualify for free domestic shipping). The item ships on a pallet via UPS freight. Contact us for international shipping quotes.
KEEP DEVICES LIVE AND SHIELDED
From Seizure to Evidence Storage to Data Extraction
The Mission Darkness™ Blocker Locker 7™ system solves multiple problems for forensics investigators and labs. To effectively access and recover data from cell phones and tablets, the latest forensic tools require devices to stay live. It can be difficult to keep devices shielded from RF signals, charged at all times, and securely locked. The Blocker Locker 7 accomplishes all of these objectives in a single cabinet designed specifically for shielding, charging, and locking. The unit includes seven fully loaded compartments equipped with Window Charge & Shield Faraday Bags for Phones, while additional Charge & Shield Faraday Bags can be purchased as required or to increase capacity.
The charging feature is designed to prevent lockout mode and reduce the amount of time needed to break a passcode, enabling the maximum amount of data extraction and unlocking with tools like GrayKey, Cellebrite, Magnet, XRY, BlackBag, Oxygen, etc.
To extract data from a device in the Blocker Locker 7, simply unlock the individual compartment, disconnect the power cable, remove the Charge & Shield Faraday Bag, and transfer it into a forensic faraday box. The bag can be easily opened inside the box (the magnetic NeoLok™ closure reduces faraday glove abrasion) while the device is passed into the shielded enclosure. Shielding and power are never compromised, providing a seamless process for investigators.
Watch the Field to Lab demo video to see why the Blocker Locker 7 is an integral part of the digital evidence handling process.
- Digital evidence (cell phones and tablets specifically) should be RF shielded and remain charging from the point of seizure all the way to the lab, for maximum data recovery and password cracking with tools like Cellebrite and GrayKey. Simple Velcro faraday bags no longer support this entire process. This video shows the specific set of products that are required to ensure devices are not remote wiped and do not die en route to the lab. It is important to understand that traditional digital evidence handling techniques are insufficient for current data extraction and password recovery tools.
Blocker Locker 7™ Features
- Secure cabinet with seven locker compartments designed specifically for forensic investigators to keep devices individually locked, shielded, and charged during storage
- Primarily used as an evidence locker for cell phones and tablets
- System ensures that device intake and storage is correct so that the passcode unlocking and data extraction process can be completed properly with the best results
- Each cabinet has a power outlet with two USB power receptacles and a unique outer lock
- Locking system consists of two keys for each locker compartment, two master keys, and a key dropbox
- Power indicator light on main cabinet
- Basic usage instructions sticker printed on the locker itself (additional in-depth instruction sheet included)
- Includes seven Mission Darkness Window Charge & Shield Faraday Bags for Phones plus all necessary charging components and cable tips (one bag stationed in each locker compartment)
- Window Charge & Shield Faraday Bags are uniquely designed for charging devices in the Blocker Locker 7, then being transferred to a faraday forensic box
- The system allows devices to remain live and uncorrupted after seizure, until they can be interrogated or have data extracted at a later time
- Window Charge & Shield Faraday Bags block WiFi (2.4 & 5GHz), Bluetooth, cell signals including 5G networks, GPS, RFID, and radio signals with 90dB average attenuation from low MHz all the way up to 40GHz
- Mission Darkness Blocker Locker 7 SKU: MDBL-7
- Addiotnal add-on options are listed below
- Simple installation – watch the installation video for further details
Lock, Shield, Charge, and Extract Data from Devices
The complete Blocker Locker 7 – Charge & Shield Evidence Cabinet system is primarily used with digital forensics evidence items such as cell phones, tablets, GPS trackers, and similar electronics. The dual sided USB filter in each Window Charge & Shield Faraday Bag allows the user to easily switch from power to extraction tool when needed.
Purchase Additional Charge & Shield Faraday Bags to Increase Capacity
The Blocker Locker 7 comes with seven Window Charge & Shield Faraday Bags for Phones plus all necessary charging components. The bag can be transferred from the locker to the lab without compromising RF shielding. Up to two Charge & Shield Faraday Bags can fit in each locker compartment. Purchase additional Charge & Shield Faraday Bags to support more than seven devices in the cabinet. Available in phone or tablet size, window or non-window style (*window style bags are preferred for use with the Blocker Locker). Additional add-on options are listed below. Let us know your requirements so that we can quote you accordingly.
Each Window Charge & Shield Faraday Bag Includes
- Charge & Shield Faraday Bag with transparent window, dual sided USB filter, NeoLok magnetic closure, serial number, card pocket, and zipper compartment on back to hold cables
- Shielded USB A/M to A/M cable (1 meter)
- Charging cables: lightning, micro USB, USB-C, and USB extension
- Optional short term charging add-ons such as a dual USB port car charger adapter, dual USB port wall charger, and power banks
Dimensions & Weight
- Single locker compartment interior dimensions: 13″ x 18″ x 4.5″
- Cabinet exterior dimensions: 15″ x 18″ x 34″
- Cabinet weight: 85lbs | Shipping weight: 105lbs (ships on a pallet)
Blocker Locker System Usage Steps
1) Insert Device in a Window Charge & Shield Faraday Bag
Once a cell phone, tablet, or similar device is received at the police station, the officer places it inside a vacant Mission Darkness Window Charge & Shield Faraday Bag, which is stationed inside each Blocker Locker compartment. The corresponding cable tip (provided in the bag’s zipper pocket) is used to connect the device to the bag’s inner USB port. The bag is then sealed using the NeoLok™ magnetic closure.
2) Connect the Bag to Power
The officer connects the shielded USB A/M to A/M cable that is plugged into the locker compartment power outlet to the outer USB port on the Window Charge & Shield Faraday Bag. Device status can be confirmed by viewing the screen through the bag’s transparent window.
3) Lock the Bag in a Blocker Locker Compartment
The officer locks the compartment, then puts the key in the dropbox, and leaves evidence notes relating to the locker contents. The device can remain in the compartment securely locked, charged, and shielded indefinitely.
4) Disconnect the Bag From Power
At the point when passcode breaking or data extraction is to occur, the individual handling the evidence uses a key (either the master or corresponding one) to open the locker compartment. The user disconnects the USB cable connected to the outer USB hub on the bag, and removes the sealed bag from the compartment.
5) Transfer for Data Extraction
The device remains shielded in the Window Charge & Shield Faraday Bag while it is transferred to the lab or location where it will be analyzed.
*Further steps vary depending on the usage scenario (see below).
Additional Usage Scenarios
How to Use With GrayKey, Cellebrite, or Other Forensic Tools
- The Window Charge & Shield Faraday Bag can be transferred to an RF shielded room or faraday forensic box for use with unlocking tools like GrayKey.
- If using with a forensic box like the Mission Darkness BlockBox Lab XL, place the GrayKey unit inside the box and connect it to the inner RJ45 ethernet port.
- Insert the Window Charge & Shield Faraday Bag carrying the device into the box and close the lid.
- Place hands in the conductive gloves to open the Window Charge & Shield Faraday Bag and remove the device. The NeoLok magnetic closure is easy to open inside the box and reduces faraday glove abrasion (compared to Velcro closure bags).
- The device can then be connected internally to GrayKey, Cellebrite, or other forensic tool.
How to Transfer a Device From a Standard Faraday Bag to a Window Charge & Shield Faraday Bag
- If a device arrives to the police station already in a standard faraday bag, it can be transferred to a Window Charge & Shield Faraday Bag using a forensic box with hands-on access.
- Simply place both bags inside the forensic box, close the lid, and transfer the device using the conductive gloves. Faraday bags with a NeoLok magnetic closure are preferred when being handled by conductive gloves.
If Using a Window Charge & Shield Faraday Bag Without the Blocker Locker
- The Window Charge & Shield Faraday Bag can be purchased and used independently without the Blocker Locker. The USB filter enables the device to receive power while it is transferred throughout various locations such as a vehicle, desk, or evidence cabinet, until it can be analyzed in a different location.
- Use the shielded USB A/M to A/M cable attached to the outer side of USB filter to connect a portable battery or power outlet to charge the device inside.
- For data extraction, the user simply disconnects the power source and connects to an extraction tool.
Additional Add-on Options
These additional options should be considered at the time of purchase, and are priced accordingly. Let us know your requirements so that we can quote you for add-ons.
Additional Charge & Shield Faraday Bags
Purchase additional Charge & Shield Faraday Bags to increase locker capacity or distribute to field officers.
Additional USB Cable Set
Additional USB cable set includes A/M to A/M, lightning, micro USB, USB-C, and USB extension for connecting the device to the internal side of the USB filter.
Extra Locker Keys
The locker comes with 2 keys for each compartment and 2 master keys. Order additional keys to avoid the hassle of lost keys or give multiple users access.
Expedited Lead Time
When expedited lead times are required, the customer can jump to the front of the production queue for an expedite fee.
Extended One Year Warranty
Base product already includes one year warranty. Extended warranty offered at the per year price.
Video Call Training Session
Two hour video call training session with our staff. May be utilized in separate one hour sessions if required.
Blocker Locker 7™ – Compared to Piecing Together Your Own Materials
The device connects to power through the bag via USB cable
- The Blocker Locker system was created to solve the ever-present device storage issues that many departments face. The system enables proper processing during each stage in custody, from device intake to interrogation.
- The pairing of the Charge & Shield Faraday Bag plus Blocker Locker allows for transporting, charging, data extraction, and keeping devices securely stored while shielded from RF signals.
- The locker has the capability to charge and fit two Charge & Shield Faraday Bags (up to tablet size), unlike mainstream locker compartments which are too small and only designed to hold a phone or tablet without the added mass of a faraday bag and cables.
- The included cables are shielded and specifically selected for use with the Charge & Shield Faraday Bag and locker.
- We tailored the locker charging setup to fit the digital forensics process. We included a power indicator light, dual USB power receptacles in each compartment, usage instructions, key lockbox, and all of the charging components needed.
- Incoming officers or detectives that don’t know how to handle the device can view the instructional sticker printed on front of the locker cabinet to follow the correct processing steps.
Evidence Cabinet Compartments Stay Secure With Unique Locks & Key Dropbox
Find an empty Blocker Locker compartment and insert the device into the Charge & Shield Faraday Bag (further connectivity instructions are listed above).
Lock the compartment door using the matching key. Two keys for each compartment are included.
Place the compartment key in the secure dropbox attached to the Blocker Locker.
Evidence manager uses the master key (two included) or the compartment key to access the compartment when needed.
Each compartment includes a fully equipped setup for charging devices through the Window Charge & Shield Faraday Bag’s dual sided USB filter