TRAINING ROOM HIRE
Your booking constitutes a formal agreement to hire venue facilities and services provided by CBIT Pty Lid (ACN 107 115 846) and the following terms & conditions.
In order to secure your booking we require:
- Acceptance of a relevant CBIT quote
- Payment of a 50% deposit on all room and equipment hire fees, excluding catering. If the deposit is not made within 7 days, the room will be deemed available for hire. A late fee of $50 may apply after 7 days, assuming that the room is still available.
- Bookings are confirmed when we send a written confirmation of booking via email.
- All bookings are subject to room availability.
- Requested additional services including catering and equipment may be amended up to 3 working days prior to the event.
- Upon acceptance of a CBIT quote, an invoice for the deposit will be issued by email. Any extra services requested during the event will be charged accordingly and included in the final invoice, which will be issued on the last day of the event by email.
- Our payment terms are 7 days from date of invoice.
- Payment may be made by credit card – a 1.5% surcharge will apply for Mastercard and Visa, and a 2.5% surcharge will apply for American Express.
- Payment can be made by electronic funds transfer direct to CBIT’s bank account (See invoice for details).
Late Payment Fee
- In the event of late payment of our invoice interest will be charged on a daily basis from the date payment was due, general interest charge (GIC) daily rate of 0.03% a day.
- For the avoidance of doubt, we also reserve the right to cancel any future bookings made by you (irrespective of whether you have paid any applicable deposit/s) if any payment is overdue.
- Notification of cancellations must be provided in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 0 – 30 days: Forfeiture of full venue hire deposit.
- 31 – 90 days: CBIT will refund 50% of the venue hire deposit.
- 91 days onwards: Full venue hire deposit will be refunded.
- For the purpose of catering and additional services only, we appreciate that numbers can vary prior to the event commencement, unless we receive written notice of any reduction or increase in numbers no later than 3 working days prior to your rental of the space, we shall consider the numbers stated in the booking contract to be correct and all original charges will apply and are payable in full.
- The Client acknowledges responsibility for the conduct of attendees, and will be liable for any damage is caused by attendees to premises or equipment. The charge is based on (a) the costs of repair and (b) the value to us of any subsequent loss of business or trade or other commercial activity suffered by CBIT.
- The Client further acknowledges and will ensure all attendees will comply with CBIT’s reasonable directions, where appropriate, to ensure the health and safety of all users of CBIT facilities.
- Whilst all reasonable efforts are made to ensure our premises are safe and secure, we do not accept any liability for any theft, loss or damage to clients’ and visitors’ property.
- The Client warrants that they have all necessary software licences and permits relating to any software required to be installed on CBIT computers which may differ from our Standard Software Load, defined as follows:
- Microsoft Office Word™, Excel™ and PowerPoint™ viewers
- Google Chrome™
- VLC Media Player™
- Adobe Acrobat Reader™
- Adobe Flash Player™
- Externally purchased food may not be brought on to the premises for consumption without our prior written consent.
- The Client agrees to use CBIT facilities at its own risk and CBIT will not be liable or in any way responsible to the client or to any of its servants, agents, invitees or licensees or to any other person for any injury loss or damage which may be suffered or sustained to any property or by any person in our facilities, no matter how it occurred, except where the same results from the wilful misconduct of CBIT.
- Neither party will be liable for any delay in performing or failure to perform our respective obligations (other than a payment obligation) under these Terms and Conditions due to any cause outside their reasonable control. Such delay or failure will not constitute a breach of these Terms and Conditions and the time for performance of the affected obligation will be extended by such period as is reasonable.
- CBIT shall have no liability for (a) loss of profit suffered by you which flows as a natural, direct and/or obvious consequence from our breach of these Terms and Conditions; or (b) any indirect, consequential or incidental loss, damage, cost or expense of any kind whatever, howsoever the losses described in these conditions are caused except in the event of wilful misconduct.
- These Terms and Conditions are confidential and the Client shall not disclose it to anyone else without the prior written consent from CBIT, unless required by law.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions are found to be invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Australian Capital Territory.