The Mission Darkness™ Eclipse Faraday Bag for Solar Panels is designed specifically to protect portable solar panels from the damaging effects of an electromagnetic pulse (EMP) or coronal mass ejection (CME). The bag is built with a durable and water-resistant ballistic nylon outer material to ensure that devices and faraday liner stay protected. The interior includes three layers of high-shielding TitanRF™ Faraday Fabric on all sides with dual paired seam construction. This material has been lab tested and certified “compliant” for MIL-STD-188-125, High-Altitude Electromagnetic Protection for Ground Based C41 Facilities. The results ensure that the material surpasses military shielding requirements to handle natural or man-made EMPs. In the case of an EMP or CME, everything from electrical infrastructure on a national level to personal electronics could be destroyed, which is why it’s imperative to shield survival electronics. The high-shielding properties of the bag directs damaging electromagnetic fields away from highly sensitive electrical components, thus protecting their working structure.
The large and unique size of the bag allows it to accommodate most portable solar panels, including Goal Zero Portable Solar Panels (Boulder and Nomad series), Renogy (Monocrystalline Solar Panel/Suitcases), HQST (Monocrystalline Solar Suitcases), plus accompanying accessories like charge controllers and cables. The bag is built with heavy-duty reinforced handles and thick nylon webbing that completely wraps around the sides and bottom to support the weight of substantial objects during transport. The front side of the bag includes a deep unshielded zipper compartment and a large transparent pocket to keep accessories accessible while not compromising the shielding of the electronic items inside the main compartment.
Once the solar panels or electronics are properly enclosed inside the bag, they become isolated from outside wireless signals. Damaging effects from an EMP or related occurrence cannot penetrate the bag to destroy the electrical components inside. The bag will block WiFi (2.4 & 5GHz), Bluetooth, cell signals including 5G networks, GPS, RFID, NFC, and radio signals with 60dB-80dB average attenuation from low MHz to 5GHz spectrum. The immense size of the bag can also be used for shielding large electronics and survival tools. The complete signal cut-off allows you to go off-grid and keep electronic devices untrackable. This is the ultimate safety bag for protecting solar panels and survival electronics from a natural or man-made disaster occurrence such as an EMP or CME.
*To shield accompanying electronics, such as generators or power stations, options include the Revelation EMP Shield and the T10 Faraday Bag (see details below).
- Military-grade faraday bag specifically designed for shielding solar panels and large electronics from EMPs, CMEs, and RF signals
- Three layers of high-shielding TitanRF Faraday Fabric on all interior sides with dual paired seam construction (TitanRF Faraday Fabric is lab certified MIL STD 188-125 compliant)
- Blocks WiFi (2.4 & 5GHz), Bluetooth, cell signals including 5G networks, GPS, RFID, and radio signals with 70dB average attenuation
- EMI, EMR, and EMF shielding
- Heavy-duty reinforced nylon webbing completely wraps around sides and bottom for extreme support
- Unshielded deep zipper compartment on front side – 16″ x 13.5″
- Transparent accessory pocket on front side – 12″ x 13.5″
- Closable branding pocket on back to place agency information
- Unique serial number on every bag to assist with asset tracking and evidence chain of custody
- Water-resistant ballistic nylon outer materials
- Made in the USA
- SKU: MDFB-SOL
Offers EMP Protection
Learn how to protect your generator from an electromagnetic pulse.
Internal dimensions (devices must fit inside these dimensions): 43″L x 7″W x 30″H
Compatible Solar Panels
The bag is sized to accommodate all standard size standalone or folding portable solar panels, like the Goal Zero Portable Solar Panels (Boulder and Nomad series), Renogy (Monocrystalline Solar Panel/Suitcases), HQST (Monocrystalline Solar Suitcases), plus accompanying accessories. Electronics must fit inside the internal dimensions: 43″ x 7″ x 30″.
- Electromagnetic pulse (EMP) and coronal mass ejection (CME) protection
- State, local, federal, and military forensics
- Personal data security and digital privacy
- Anti-hacking, anti-tracking, and anti-spying assurance
Easily Add Department/Agency Info
Mission Darkness™ faraday bags have a Velcro-sealable pocket on the back to place a business card or more permanent sticker. There is no need to silkscreen your department information on the bag. If you would like a permanent way to custom brand bags, we can add woven labels during production. Please contact us to discuss options.