MISSION DARKNESS Taperator
Construct Your RF Shielding Project Using the Taperator
The Mission Darkness™ Taperator provides fast, easy, one-handed tape application for constructing RF shielding enclosures and projects. The Taperator is intended for use with the TitanRF™ Faraday Tape (2″ width x 164′ length rolls). Tape application without the assistance of the Taperator is typically off-centered, strenuous, and inaccuracies can result in RF leakage. The Taperator firmly applies tape to flat seams, and has a retractable creasing wheel for taping inside corners. The ability to switch between the flat and angled roller is a unique feature that allows the user to effortlessly and evenly apply tape to all wall areas. The trigger actuated cut-off blade slices the tape free from the roll of tape at the end of runs.
The Taperator is especially useful when connecting multiple sheets of TitanRF™ Faraday Fabric and creating industrial signal-proof rooms or tents (military, law enforcement forensics, construction company, EMF/EMI reduction, IOT developer, etc.). Additional applications include shielding electronic devices from RF signals, defense against EMPs, EMF radiation reduction, DIY consumer RF shielding cages and enclosures, data security, and to enhance digital privacy.
The Taperator Reduces Taping Time and Increases Accuracy When Applying TitanRF™ Faraday Tape to Various Surfaces or Connecting Multiple Sheets of TitanRF™ Faraday Fabric
- Hand-held tape applicator provides fast and easy tape application to walls and seams
- Compatible with TitanRF Faraday Tape 2″ width x 164′ length rolls
- Preferred tool for connecting multiple sheets of TitanRF Faraday Fabric for constructing industrial signal-proof rooms or tents
- Molded plastic construction is durable and lightweight
- Retractable creasing wheel for taping inside corners
- Trigger actuated cut-off blade slices tape free from the roll fast and cleanly
- Reusable – reload tape rolls as needed
- Taperator SKU: MDFT-TAPERATOR
Compatible with TitanRF Faraday Tape — 2″ Width X 164′ Length Rolls
TitanRF Faraday Tape offers the next generation of faraday shielding. It has been laboratory tested and certified to shielding effectiveness standards IEEE 299-2006 (see report details below). The high-shielding conductive adhesive tape is available in various dimensions, but the Taperator is ONLY compatible with 2″ width x 164′ length rolls.
The tape roll has protective cardboard walls with instructions printed on the side. There is adhesive backing on the bottom side that gets removed as you apply it to the surface. The tape is extremely strong and cannot be removed easily once in place (may damage the fabric if removed).
If using with TitanRF Faraday Fabric, place the sheets together and overlap at least one inch. Center the tape, and adhere to the FRONT AND BACK SIDES to ensure a secure RF seal. Smooth out air bubbles or wrinkles in the tape.
TitanRF™ Faraday Tape Features
- Extremely high-shielding conductive adhesive tape
- Blocks RF signals such as WiFi, cell signals including 5G networks, GPS, RFID, and Bluetooth
- Laboratory tested and certified to shielding effectiveness standards IEEE 299-2006 (see report below)
- Easy to work with – simply peel backing, adhere to surface, and use like standard tape
- Used to connect multiple sheets of TitanRF Faraday Fabric and for a variety of RF shielding projects
- Flexible and durable – will not rip or tear without strong force
- Protective cardboard rim with printed instructions
- Dimensions: 2″ width x 164′ length roll with 3″ cardboard core
- Individual tape roll SKU: MDFT-50M-2I
- Mission Darkness Taperator (select the amount of TitanRF Faraday Tape rolls you want included in the drop-down menu)
- 3 sets of nitrile gloves (prevents residue from tarnishing the tape)
- Felt edge tape applicator hand tool (smooths out air bubbles and wrinkles)
- Connecting multiple sheets of TitanRF Faraday Fabric
- Constructing industrial signal-proof rooms or tents (military, digital forensics, construction company)
- RF isolation for software and hardware testing
- EMP sheds, boxes, and covers
- Defense against EMF radiation
- DIY consumer RF shielding cages and enclosures
- Data security and digital privacy
- EMI/RFI reduction
Scientifically Proven Performance, Lab Tested and Certified
TitanRF Faraday Tape Laboratory Testing, to Confirm Shielding Effectiveness Standards IEEE 299-2006
Testing Completed by Keystone Compliance Laboratory on October 7, 2020
TitanRF Faraday Tape has been tested and certified to meet shielding effectiveness standards IEEE 299-2006. The shielding effectiveness test was conducted by Keystone Compliance, a full-service regulatory compliance laboratory offering solutions for nearly all EMC/EMI, environmental, ISTA-certified package and ingress protection testing requirements.
IEEE 299-2006 is the standard test method for measuring the effectiveness of electromagnetic shielding enclosures and materials. A properly-shielded device will effectively retain all RF energy in its faraday enclosure and keep all external RF isolated. The TitanRF Faraday Tape is advertised as a conductive material that can be used to isolate devices by blocking the frequency range most mobile devices and electronics transmit/operate within. To provide validation for this claim, the shielding effectiveness test measured how well the tape shields frequencies between 1.5GHz to 40GHz. The positive test results provides authentication of its shielding abilities.