This option supports M.2 & 2.5″ -U.2 (SFF-8639) NVMe SSD drives. It installed inside of the Thunderbolt 3.0 Expansion Box and provides NVMe external port to be use to connect different NVMe SSD form factors and adapters
1) SFF-8644 to U.2 (SFF-8639) cable with 15 Pin SATA Power Connector
2) PCIE Controller with SFF-8644 panel mount connector
3) NVMe M.2 external adapter
Connect the SFF-8644 to U.2 (SFF-8639) cable to female SFF- 8644 port on the back of the expansion box.
* For 2.5″ U.2 SFF-8639 NVMe SSD: Connect the SSD directly to the SFF-8639 connector on the supplied cable (The user will need to supply external power to the SSD, by connecting the SATA 15pin cable to external power source).
* For M.2 NVMe SSD: Plug the M.2 NVMe SSD in the supplied NVMe M.2 adapter. Connect the adapter to the supplied SFF-8644 cable via SFF-8639 connector