New features include:
- You can now use a known password to decrypt a McAfee encrypted computer image.
- When acquiring advanced Android images, you can now select “Other” if the device manufacturer isn’t listed.
- New recovery methods have been added that allow AXIOM to bypass the lock on some LG devices and create a physical image.
- Advanced MTP recovery methods have been implemented that allow AXIOM to image some versions of Samsung devices that are locked. Useful when screens are damaged or even when MTP is disabled on the device.
- AXIOM Examine and AXIOM Process now feature fully localized interfaces in all supported languages. Artifact names and fragments are also translated.
- You are now able to add new Cloud evidence to a case using a password or token that gets recovered from the Cloud Passwords and Tokens artifact
Mobile Artifact Updates
- iOS 11: Now includes support for displaying previews of HEIC files.
- Android Messages: Improvements to how attachments are recovered and displayed
- Android Accounts: Updated support for Nougat Accounts information.
- You can now add more cloud evidence directly from AXIOM Examine, using passwords and tokens recovered by the program.
- Google: Ability to select sub-services such as activity, timeline locations, connected apps, recent devices, and passwords, and acquire them from a Google account.
- One of the resource files in Magnet AXIOM, that contains the list of known malware URLs, was being quarantined by Antivirus programs. Because the file was no longer in the correct folder, Magnet AXIOM would crash. The resource files should no longer be quarantined.
Magnet AXIOM is an all-in-one digital forensics tool that lets you examine evidence from both computer and mobile devices all in the same case. Whether acquiring forensic images or loading images from other tools, the powerful processing capabilities of Magnet AXIOM helps you discover evidence that other tools can’t find.
MAGNET AXIOM v126.96.36.19974
MAGNET RECOVERY IMAGES
With Magnet Recovery Images, you can now extract physical images from more than 1304 Samsung device models that could previously only be quick imaged. A full physical images gives you access to deleted data on the device, including content that is left behind after a factory reset.
Download the 3 part segmented .zip file. Extract the files to your computer with a tool such as 7zip or WinRar. Then double click the Magnet Recovery Images setup.exe to start the setup wizard.