New Axiom was released recently – version 2.4
The new release will make it faster to open cases and process media, recover more evidence from GrayKey images and Office 365, and expand image classification capabilities in Magnet.AI.
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://www.magnetforensics.com/downloadaxiom” text=”Download Here” ]
AXIOM 2.4 can significantly speed up your investigation thanks to improvements that have been made to case opening times — with 60% faster speeds recorded. We’ve also improved the way we generate thumbnails and video previews, resulting in 5-10% faster case processing (depending on the amount of media.)
– Significantly improved performance of scan times of video carving, depending on the evidence you loaded.
– Open a case in AXIOM Examine faster with improvements to loading evidence sources.
– Improvements were made to the performance time of device connection scanning.
– Improvements were made to the LG mobile device acquisition process to better detect whether devices can be imaged or not.
– Improvements have been made to increase the quality of the video and audio playback of parsed and carved videos, to support more video file formats, including MOV and MPG, to preview audio files, and more.
– Improvements have been made to increase the reliability of iOS backup quick imaging.
– You can resize and rotate pictures in the “Preview” card.
– You will be notified if the source of the picture or video couldn’t be located for preview.
Several new Magnet.AI image classifiers were added and integrated with existing image classifiers, including money, identification documents, screen captures, and more.
More iOS Artifact
In addition to AXIOM’s ability to ingest native GrayKey images and extract the file system, memory, decrypted keychain, and iTunes backups, AXIOM now extracts even more iOS evidence from GrayKey images, including:
– SIM card history: Added parsing and carving support for iOS SIM card activity.
– Safari: Added parsing support to recover users’ open Safari tabs.
– Safari: Safari open and closed tabs synced from all devices connected to the same iCloud account
– Significant locations and visit history: Added parsing support to to recover a user’s significant locations, and significant location visit history from a GrayKey iOS image.
– Voice mail audio and transcripts: Updated parsing support to recover voice mails in the Artifact view, play back voicemails, and more.
– Notes with attachments: Updated parsing support to recover attachments, password hints, the source of the note, and more.
– Application permissions: Added support to recover application permission settings on iOS devices, including camera access, contact access, microphone access, and more.
– Instagram direct messages: Updated parsing support for Instagram direct messages recovered from GrayKey.
– WhatsApp calls: Added parsing and carving support for audio and video calls.
Other Mobile Artifacts
– iMessage Read Receipts: Added parsing and carving support for iMessage/SMS/MMS read receipts.
– iOS Calendar Events: Updated parsing support to recover iOS Calendar Event notes and URLs.
– iOS Contacts: Updated parsing support to recover the profile pictures of iOS contacts.
– WhatsApp: Updated parsing and carving support to clearly identify audio and video calls, and to recover the call duration.
– Telegram: Updated parsing support to recover message text
– Skype: Added parsing and carving support for private messages, group messages, contacts, attachments, calls, media cache, highlights. [Windows]
– Skype: Added parsing and carving support to recover messages, group messages, contacts, attachments, calls, and more. [MacOS]
– Office365: You can now parse a user’s Office 365 Outlook calendar events.