New Axiom was released recently – version 2.5
Magnet AXIOM 2.5 is now available to download. The new release improves the performance significantly in AXIOM Process and AXIOM Examine, make it faster(up to 40%) to process the case, faster(average 63%) to review/search/filter the artifacts, and expand our mobile acquisition to Android devices with Qualcomm chipsets using Emergency Download Mode(EDL).
[maxbutton id=”1″ url=”https://www.magnetforensics.com/downloadaxiom” text=”Download Here” ]
Significant Performance Improvement
AXIOM 2.5 makes significant improvement for scanning time in Process, data loading time in Examine, cloud acquisition for Facebook and Box.com.
– Data scan: It reduces scan time by up to 40% on machines running higher-spec hardware.
– Evidence review: It improves drastically(average 63%) on the speed at which data loading operations take place in Examine for things like sorting, filtering, keyword searching and connection building.
– Case file: It reduces case file size by up to 40%.
– Facebook: Significant improvement in the time required to download the account data for those with large numbers of friends.
– Box.com: Significant improvement to navigate the AXIOM Process UI when browsing Box.com containing a large number of files & folders.
AXIOM 2.5 supports Qualcomm EDL acquisition, makes improvements for LG physical image and ADB Driver detection.
– Ability to conduct a full physical acquisition of data and password bypass on devices that contain Qualcomm Chipsets, across multiple manufactures.(Samsung, Xiaomi, ZTE, Oppo, Alcatel etc.)
– Users that use the LG lock bypass feature will see 50% faster physical imaging on LG devices.
– Improved the detection of Android devices for Quick and Full imaging.
– AXIOM Process now parses artifacts from deleted files on NTFS and FAT file systems, and recovers metadata such as file names and timestamps.
– You can now choose to recover artifacts from nested archives and mobile backups. When you search for data in nested archives, for example a .zip file within a .zip file, you can choose how many layers deep you want to search.
– To improve performance times when you’re processing evidence, you can choose if you want to scan found archives and mobile backups or not.
– You can now acquire a user’s Office 365 contacts.
– If you’re working on a Local Area Network (LAN), you can now connect to the Internet using a system proxy.
– You can acquire iCloud backups from accounts that have two-factor authentication for iOS versions 11.1 and lower.
Mobile and Desktop Artifacts
– WhatsApp Messages: Added parsing and carving support for audio and video calls.[iOS]
– iMessage/SMS/MMS: Updated carving support to recover sender/receiver information, timestamps, and more. [iOS 12]
– Wallet Transactions: Added parsing support to recover transaction history from a GrayKey or Jailbroken iOS image.[iOS10-12]
– Location History: Added parsing and carving support for cached system locations from a GrayKey image.[iOS]
– Apple Wallet: Added parsing support for pay cards and saved passes such as boarding passes, membership cards, and more.[iOS11]
– Bluetooth Devices: Updated parsing support to recover Bluetooth devices that a user’s iOS device came in proximity with. [iOS 11]
– Google Duo Calls: Added parsing support for Google Duo calls.[Android/iOS]
– Viber Messages: Updated parsing support to recover messages. [Android/iOS]
– Android Device Information: Updated parsing support to recover IMEI, IMSI, and ICCID information. [Android]
– Twitter: Updated parsing and carving support to recover friends and direct messages.[iOS]
– iOS Contacts: Updated parsing support to recover the profile pictures of contacts. [Contacts on iOS]
– Siri Messages Search Suggestions: Added parsing and carving support to recover suggestions from Siri when a user searches for iOS messages. Supported for GrayKey images. [iOS]
– imo: Added parsing support to recover chat messages, voice calls, and video calls. [Android]
– KakaoTalk: Added parsing and carving support to recover messages, group messages, photos, and contacts. [KakaoTalk 2.7.1 on Windows]
– Malware/Phishing URLs: Updated parsing support to include all suspicious URLs identified by the SANS Internet Storm Center (ISC) – Suspicious Domains List.
– Shareaza: Added parsing to link P2P user activity to a specific user GUID. [Windows]
– Carved Video: Updated MP4 carving support to include drc1, F4V, mmp4, and more.
– Audio: Updated parsing support to recover WAV and MP3 audio files.