What’s New with Version 5.4?
Social Discovery 5.4 introduces the first iteration of X1 updated Facebook scanner. Previous Facebook collections will be categorized as (legacy) Facebook and available in read-only format. To continue indexing, new collections must be added using the updated Facebook scanner. Please see below for details on what is currently supported via the updated Facebook scanner:
- Updated Credentialed Facebook User Account Capture
- (Includes: User Info, Messages, Posts, Album Photos, and Album Videos)
- Removed ability to “Create Alerts” for All Facebook and Instagram Collections per Facebook Terms of Service Requirements
- Added ability to copy/reuse credentials from a legacy Facebook collection when present (Examiner and Credentialed)
Other Enhancements and Fixes:
- Implemented a fix for Instagram authentication loop
- Fixed an issue that caused some website exports to generate a blank text file
- Improved handling of index core crashes
- Implemented a UI warning when corrupt indexes are detected within a case
And many other small bug fixes and improvements!
Known Issues (v5.4):
- Public user profile search/collection is currently unavailable for Instagram Examiner collections
- ‘AuthorID’ metadata field is no longer available for all Instagram collected content
- Comments and Likes information is unavailable for Public Instagram collections (only the number of likes and number of comments are captured)
- Likes Information is unavailable for Credentialed Instagram collections (only number of likes are captured)
- Facebook Group and Page collection is unavailable for Credentialed and Examiner collections
- Collection of Extended Friend Info is unavailable for Credentialed collections
What does this mean for you?
The next time you launch X1 Social Discovery, you will see a dialog box prompting the option to upgrade your software to our latest version. Please see below from common questions and answers:
Which operating systems are supported with v5.4?
Windows 7 (x64), Windows 8.1 (x64) and Windows 10 (x64).